Environmental Health & Safety
Laboratory Safety Unit
Safety Training for Laboratory Personnel
For those who do not have direct access to a computer, there are the computing centers at Miner Library in the Medical Center or Rush Rhees Library on River Campus.
- A strong internet connection is needed for this training. To ensure this, we advise taking this training onsite with a University secured connection.
- Attention Mac users: It is recommended that you complete these modules using Chrome instead of Safari
- Attention PIs/Lab Managers: Certificate of completion are not available in MyPath. Instructions on how staff can run a transcript report are found below.
- Links to Training Records can also be found below
- If you cannot finish the course in one sitting or you are timed out by the program, please select the "Yes" option when asked if you want to resume where you left off.
Please choose the course that most accurately describes the materials that you handle within your duties. If you are unsure of the course to take, please ask you Principal Investigator or Supervisor. All courses include Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
- Clinical Labs - take EHS Laboratory Safety Training Standard Chemical 2022 course
- Clinical Microbiology - take the EHS Laboratory Safety Training Chemical and Biological 2022 course
- Phlebotomists, Venous Nurses and Study Coordinators - take EHS Laboratory Safety Training Standard Chemical 2022 course
The following are training records for Year-to-Date. These records were published as of 9/23/2022:
Accessing Transcripts in MyPath (https://mypath.rochester.edu/):
- Place cursor over the "My Learning" tab (blue bars at top of screen), then select "My Learning Transcript".
- Switch "Active" button (white button mid-screen) to "Completed".
- Click "Options" button (upper right; white square) and select "View Training Details".
- Expand the "Transcript History" heading by clicking the white down arrow on the far right. Print this page for your records.
Laboratory Site-Specific Compliance Checklist
The following Laboratory Site-Specific Compliance Checklist is required to be completed ANNUALLY by all staff, including the Principal Investigator. This checklist is to ensure that all staff are aware of the hazards present in their lab and have been trained handle those hazards safely. Checklists should be maintained by the Principal Investigator or Lab Manager for 5 years.
Laboratory Safety Training Executive Summary
Due to the large amount of information presented in training, we provide an executive summary at the completion of Laboratory Safety Training to help ensure your laboratory's compliance. This list does not cover all the information you are required to know and retain from training, nor does not supplement annual training requirements, but reflects most action items required to help ensure laboratory compliance.
QUESTIONS or COMMENTS?
Contact EH&S at (585) 275-3241 or e-mail Questions.
This page last updated 9/23/2022. Disclaimer.