Environmental Health & Safety
Laboratory Safety Unit
The Laboratory Safety Unit provides a unified approach to laboratory safety. The unit evaluates the physical, chemical, and biological hazards present in laboratory locations and provides guidance to laboratory personnel to minimize these hazards.
The Laboratory Safety Unit provides OSHA programs and plans applicable to laboratories, training programs for lab personnel, laboratory safety inspections, guidance documents, recommendations to control and minimize hazards in labs, and response/assistance for laboratory spills and other emergencies. The overall goal of the unit is to provide a safe and healthy workplace for those in the University's laboratories.
Laboratory Safety Manager --- Carolyn Place, BS
- Institutional Biosafety Officer -- Sonia Rosenberger, DVM, MSOH
- Laboratory Technical Associate -- Gidion Beyene, BA
- Laboratory Technical Associate -- Abby Davis, BS
- Laboratory Technical Associate -- Julie Conyer, BA
- Administrative Assistant -- Donna Douglass
QUESTIONS or COMMENTS?
Contact EH&S at (585) 275-3241 or e-mail EH&S Questions.
This page last updated 10/5/2018. Disclaimer.