Environmental Health & Safety
Hearing Protection Program
Printable file is available with Adobe Acrobat Reader:
PDF Version of Hearing Protection Standard
This program covers any University of Rochester Employee who, in the course of his/her duties, may perform work or use equipment that produces sound levels sufficient to cause hearing damage, as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and/or the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), or who may enter or perform work in areas where such hazardous sound levels are or may be present.
- DEFINITIONS AND ABBREVIATIONS
- Occupational Safety Unit of Environmental Health & Safety
- University Health Service
- University Human Resources/HR Business Partners
- University Administration, Directors and Principal Investigators
- Supervisors and Managers
- Hearing Protection Users
- Audiometry and Threshold Shift Process
- REQUIREMENTS OF OSHA'S OCCUPATIONAL NOISE EXPOSURE STANDARD
- UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER STATEMENT OF SAFETY POLICY
- THE OCCUPATIONAL NOISE EXPOSURE STANDARD
QUESTIONS or COMMENTS?
Contact EH&S at (585) 275-3241 or e-mail EH&S Questions.
This page last updated 4/17/2018. Disclaimer.