Environmental Health & Safety
U.S. Army Medical Research and Material Command (USAMRMC Safety)
“Certificate of Environmental Compliance”
The Department of Defense, as part of its funding process, requires submission of a “Certificate of Environmental Compliance” signed by an institutional official. The Director of Environmental Health and Safety is the institutional official charged with providing this signature.
The Director of Environmental Health and Safety will issue a signed “Certificate” only
- if the laboratory, including the Principal Investigator, is in compliance with applicable employee health, safety, and environmental laws and regulations; and
- if adequate information (see below) is provided to demonstrate compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
In order to obtain the EH&S Director’s signature the following information must be submitted to Sonia Rosenberger, Biosafety Officer, or Bob Passalugo, Chemical Safety Officer, a minimum of 5 working days prior to proposal submission date .
- Principal Investigator Assurance form from offerer’s submission packet (https://mrmc.amedd.army.mil/assets/docs/sse/FY02FSPAppendix.pdf). By signing this document, the Principal Investigator is declaring that he/she shall adhere to the institutional policies, programs, and procedures.
- Completed Principal Investigator Safety Plan. A template is posted and available in Word and PDF format.
Once the Principal Investigator Safety Plan has been received by EH&S, an appointment will be made for a lab inspection and lab safety training records will be reviewed.
Progress with uploading MSDSs into the University’s electronic MSDS database will also be reviewed and considered prior to issuing the signed “Certificate”.
If funding is awarded, the awardee is required to submit to EH&S a Safety Plan Status Report ANNUALLY by July 1 for the life of the award. The information you provide will be used to develop an institutional safety plan status report which is then submitted to the Army on behalf of all UR and URMC grant awardees.
- All documents may be submitted by e-mail or fax to Sonia Rosenberger, Biosafety Officer (email@example.com) or by FAX to 274-0001.
- Questions may be also forwarded to Sonia Rosenberger, Biosafety Officer (x5-3014) or Bob Passalugo, Chemical Safety Officer (x5-3016).
QUESTIONS or COMMENTS?
Contact EH&S at (585) 275-3241 or e-mail EH&S Questions.
This page last updated 3/6/2014. Disclaimer.