University of Rochester
Employee Incident Reporting System
Using this system employees and supervisors can report:
- work-related employee injuries and illnesses
- near-miss incidents/hazards (An unplanned event that did not result in injury, illness, or damage - but had the potential to do so)
- or request ergonomic assessments for computer workstations!
NOTE: This is for reporting employee related incidents only. All patient or visitor incidents or misadminstrations should be reported through the Medical Center's Event Reporting System - RL Solutions. Please be sure you are using the right system to submit your report.
When a work-related incident, injury or illness occurs, or you witness/are involved in a near-miss incident, please document the event by logging into the system using the link below. All events need to be documented within 24 hours of the occurrence. Upon submission of the report, Leave Administration, Environmental Health & Safety, and the employee's immediate supervisor will be notified via email. The employee reporting the incident will also receive an email acknowledgement that a report was submitted.
More detailed instructions are available
through the links on the left.
If you have questions on the process, please call the EH&S main office at 275-3241.
- If you are a University employee and have a NetID, please use this link and log in using the username and password that you use to access the HRMS system:
- If you do not have access to a computer, please see your supervisor or other department representative who can submit the report for you.
- If there are problems accessing the reporting system using the above link, please contact Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) at 275-3241
- If you are a student (either undergraduate or graduate) or in a non-employee position such as a volunteer - please use the link below to access a pdf fillable form that you can use to report an incident since you will not have access to the University Employee Injury/Illness Reporting system.
QUESTIONS or COMMENTS?
Contact EH&S at (585) 275-3241 or e-mail EH&S Questions.
This page last updated 9/10/2020. Disclaimer.