University of Rochester
Employee Incident Reporting System
NOTE: The system linked below (blue box) is for reporting employee related incidents (injuries or illnesses) only.
All patient or visitor incidents or misadminstrations should be reported through the Medical Center's Event Reporting System RL Solutions - https://sites.mc.rochester.edu/urmc-operations/quality-institute/healthcare-safety/event-reporting-system/. Please be sure you are using the right system to submit your report.
Using this Employee Incident Reporting system employees and supervisors can report:
- work-related employee injuries and illnesses
- near-miss incidents/hazards (An unplanned event that did not result in injury, illness, or damage - but had the potential to do so)
- or request ergonomic assessments for computer workstations!
When a work-related incident, injury or illness occurs, or you witness/are involved in a near-miss incident, please document the event by logging into the system using the link below. All events need to be documented within 24 hours of the occurrence. Upon submission of the report, Leave Administration, Environmental Health & Safety, and the employee's immediate supervisor will be notified via email. All blood exposure needlesticks incidents (or injuries) should be reported the Blood exposure hotline at 275-1164 as well as through this on-line reporting system.
More detailed instructions are available
through the links on the left.
If you have questions on the process, please call the EH&S main office at 275-3241.
- If you are a University employee, please use this link and log in using the username and password that you use to access your computer.
- PLEASE NOTE - If you have problems accessing the system to submit your incident report, please see your supervisor or other department representative who can submit the report on your behalf.
- If using the above link does not work, please contact Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) at 275-3241
- If you are a student (either undergraduate or graduate) or in a non-employee position such as a volunteer - please use the link below to access a pdf fillable form that you can use to report an incident since you will not have access to the University Employee Injury/Illness Reporting system.
QUESTIONS or COMMENTS?
Contact EH&S at (585) 275-3241 or e-mail EH&S Questions.
This page last updated 2/16/2024. Disclaimer.